The general setup of the WebSDR in Maasbree is as follows
- An active broadband 1.69m2 small loop antenna is placed at a height of 2.5 meter
- Directly connected to the antenna is a broadband amplifier, which drives the coax cable.
- The coax cable is 100m long and brings the radio signals into the radio shack.
- Before going into the shack the cable is grounded with a copper pin into the ground.
- In the shack we have a metal cabinet for all the radio components. The coax cable shield is connected to the cabinet, before going into the cabinet.
- In the cabinet the coax is connected to a bias-T module
- The output of the bias-T goes into a filter bank, which separates all the 5 bands signals before going into the radios.
- We use three RSP1a radios for the wider bands, and two FiFi radios with sound cards for the smaller bands.
- The FiFi radio and the sound cards are connected to the laptop via an 8-port USB expander. The RSP1a radios are directly connected to the laptop.
- The laptop is connected to the internet via a router which is connected to a broadband fiberglass internet modem