The general setup of the WebSDR in Maasbree is as follows
- An active broadband 1.69m2 small loop antenna is placed at a height of 2.5 meter
- Directly connected to the antenna is a broadband amplifier, which drives the coax cable.
- The coax cable is 100m long and brings the radio signals into the radio shack.
- Before going into the shack the cable is grounded with a copper pin into the ground.
- In the shack we have a metal cabinet for all the radio components. The coax cable shield is connected to the cabinet, before going into the cabinet.
- In the cabinet the coax is connected to a bias-T module
- The output of the bias-T goes into a filter bank, consisting of two parts. The first part separates the 4 higher bands (17,15,12,10m) before going into the radios. The second filter bank separates the lower 5 bands (80,60,40,30,20m).
- We use RSP1a radios for the wider bands, and FiFi radios with sound cards for the smaller bands.
- All the radios are connected to the laptop via USB.
- The laptops are connected to the internet via a router which is connected to a broadband fiberglass internet modem
Create Your Own Website With JouwWeb